“The Wiesel 38”
|September 16, 2005||Posted by William Dembski under Evolution, Intelligent Design, Darwinism|
I’ve already adverted to the 38 Nobelists who decided to go after ID to discredit it before the Kansas State Board of Education (go here; and here for their amazingly candid letter). The questions you should be asking yourself are these:
- Why did Elie Wiesel (or whoever put him up to it) put so much energy into getting these Nobel winners to sign that letter?
- Why don’t they instead put the energy into presenting scientific rebuttals against our side?
- Why does the other side look increasingly to peer pressure?
- Doesn’t that choice — to allocate resources to PR instead of scientific rebuttals (which they always accuse Discovery of doing) — reveal that something is seriously amiss with standard evolutionary theory?
- And why didn’t the opposition in Kansas offer these Nobel winners AS WITNESSES — they would have gotten plenty of press (a lot more than our side) and their views would have been reported accurately (unlike our side)?
- Why didn’t they expose themselves to questioning? What are they afraid of? Are they afraid of dignifying our position? They just did with their letter.